NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My Journal - SpiNips

SpiNips

Hello!

Today was an awesome day! I studied worked and spent my evening with my friend. The best moment of today was going to see the shooting stars and spotting a dozen for the first time in life. This moment was also great because I had the girl whom I had a bit confused thoughts about with me. I feel that spending this evening with her relieved my anxiety and worrysome thoughts.

I did some reflecting in my personal journal, because I felt a need to reflect without censoring my thoughts at all. 

Today I'm grateful for:

• Cat Stevens
  • The awesome starry sky today
  • Studying history – My God it is awesome to see how the dominant ideologies have shaped our history – Loving this
  • This shift went well
  • Stephen Covey having smart and relatable ideas

Hello!

Today was a very productive day. I studied worked through a couple projects and delivered some food. The best moment of today was eating at my grandma's and celebrating her birthday. Also listening to the Beatles!

Keepin' it short today. Reflecting a bit more to my personal journal.

Today I'm grateful for:

• The Beatles – A hard days night, Bob Dylan
  • Cool customers
  • Opetustv, a channel that helps students learn, sadly only in Finnish
  • Fresh juice my mother made out of redcurrant
  • Short day tomorrow

Hello!

Today I felt both down and up. I was tired during school but in the evening I managed my businesses effectively. The highlight of today was definitely my work shift. It was a casual shift, not too busy, not too boring. During the shift I met an old employer and chatted with him for a good while. I had another great conversation on a Thai restaurant. A random woman initiated conversation with me and it ended up being very fine a conversation! :) Also while I had no orders I managed to do some progress on maths.

Today has been pretty good day. I feel like there have been some new observations about my feelings.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Organizing and scheduling
  • Random conversations
  • Club for Five – an awesome Finnish band
  • New progressive history teacher
  • 4 cartons of sour milk waiting to be drunk in my fridge

Hello!

Today has consisted of intense studying. It feels my life before finals is pretty much study, study, study. I feel like there is a project that I'd like to work on. It is relationships and making good connections with awesome people there are on my daily life while they are still here. Also working on Stephen Coveys habits. He has really impressed me with spot on philosophy. These projects are going to realize after my finals, since I'm going to put mot of my effort in studying for now. I feel like I've planned my studying to be a rather intense experience so I need to watch out for a burnout.

The best moment of today was meeting a friend of mine in library. I'd like to get to know her better!

I'm pretty much in habit of making a post every day. These are probably going to be mini peeks to my daily life without games even though they might not have very much reflective content. 

Today I'm grateful for:

• Fish
  • Finding good books to read in library
  • I'm not the only one going through the furious finals-studying
  • My thighs having time to rest today since I didn't have working shift
  • Fresh vegetables

Hello!

Today was a good day overall. I got a reminder that I can't go too overkill on my studying today since I began feeling very anxious during the math lesson. Just too much work. The evening was well balanced between friends and studying and I'm not feeling overwhelmed at the moment. The best moment of today was going to the gym and lifting it all. :) Deadlifts and squats were very good. It was also nice to meet my teachers at the gym.

I read the first chapter of Covey's book and in that chapter he talked about Production/Production Capability balance. Essentially keeping both your productivity and yourself in shape. When in good balance you'll be happy and able to be productive. Easier said than done, but keeping this in mid will already help a lot.

I'll maybe do little association pondering in my journal to wind my thoughts off a bit.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Juice Leskinen's sharp and entertaining music
  • Gym is a cool hobby
  • Not leaving all the work for my finals to the last month
  • Seeing my friends, cheered me up quite a bit
  • The network allowing many possibilities for training you language skills

Hello!

Today was a good day that started out quite weirdly. I woke up before 6 am stressed out, but it eased throughout the day since I was able to work with the thing that stressed me, share my feelings with my friends and family and generally have a great time. The best moment of today have been the social moments definitely! :) 

I have recently got a little more negative perspective on reflection. I feel that I have overdone it a bit. For now I'm going to reflect – at least on my personal journal – whenever I feel that it's necessary, beneficial and helps me move forward. I've been overdoing it by analyzing everything too much which leads to unpleasant effects as well. Balance is important!

Today I'm grateful for:

• My mom making a miraculously good food out of leftovers
  • Getting good book suggestions. I feel that I somehow need to read Hermann Hesse. I remember @Tom enjoying them!
  • Making some steady progress with my studying today
  • Going to Helsinki this weekend
  • Morning routine – a very good base for the day

Hello!

Today was a cool day. I'm getting a little tired from all the work, school, gym and 8-hour nights. This weekend I'm able to sleep longer so that's great :) The best moment of today was playing chess with my friend Mikko and improvising flute music with my teacher.

Tomorrow I'm going to Helsinki to a park event where I'll meet my friends from camps. It's going to be awesome to see everybody again. And bus trips are generally very nice, you can read, sleep and write in all peace.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Chinese food
  • Debussy's impressionistic music & Leonid Afremov's impressionistic art
  • Having random fun moments with friends
  • Having a good reflective writing about a tough topic
  • Tomorrow is free from work and studying

Hello!

Today was an awesome day in Helsinki. The best moment of today was the puistis-park event.

It's very late.

Today I'm grateful for:

• My friend who I had tons of fun with
  • Completing the holy trinity of eating hamburgers, pizza and kebab during the same day
  • Reading book on the bus
  • Delicious avocados
  • Having a nice conversation.

Hello!

Today was a cool day. My work shift was fun. In the evening we went cruising on a boat with a couple friends of mine and our old classmate who came here all the way from Japan. It was great to show the Finnish nature for him in a fun way. It's very hard to say one specific best moment for today. Overall a very fine day!

I'm probably going to start to make a diary of my hours slept since I feel I've not slept enough the last few weeks.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Getting my GPS to work
  • Relaxed and engaging weekend
  • Sleep is going to feel very good after fresh air
  • Cold shovers – much easier to go swimming in Finnish lakes after them
  • Stretching – no more back pain

Hello!

Today was okay. School was pretty basic. After it I worked which was rough because I have a cold. this evening I have studied plenty of Swedish and learned new important words. The best moment of today was talking with my employer.

It's a bit harsh to get sick now that my ability to work relies heavily on my physical condition. It's something that I just have to deal with. Luckily I got a substitute for tomorrow so my body can rest a bit. Reflection helped me understand my approach to work today. This is a good example of supportive reflection.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Don McLean
  • Cool workplace
  • Tortillas
  • Quizlet
  • Hyms

Hello!

Today was quite a weird day. School was pretty basic. I slept very well so I've had very sharp mind today. After school we trained our performance for Thursday. It's gonna be a good show. :) I used the afternoon by studying history. At some point I started to feel quite frustrated so I took a walk which was good since it helped me clear my thoughts and process my emotions. The best moment of today was playing with my band, seeing another great performance and some random moments of shared emotion.

Now I'm sitting here while U2 is playing. Life is pretty good.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Critical thinking
  • Sweatpants
  • Starting to get better coldwise
  • U2
  • The autumn is coming, it has it's own feeling to it, can't say I wouldn't like it!

Hello!

Today I have been feeling little frustrated and tired. I had a pretty basic day at school. In the afternoon I went to meet my friends to a nearby congregation. The best moment of today was laughing with my friends who told a story about their school.

I feel that I need to once again balance my life differently. Exercising, friends and good books always help me feel better. By investing more time on them I can improve my sense of meaningfulness in life. There are plenty of things to mind around at the moment – work, school, finals and at the same time I need to keep up with social life, health and improvement.

At the moment I'm feeling lost and unconfident. Focusing on the important basic joys of life will help me get my momentum going. 

While I'm waiting for my cold to be gone I can use my time effectively by studying, reading and doing some chill activities with my friends.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Jaakko teaching me about his way of dealing with problems
  • Oasis
  • Couple nights of good sleep
  • Going to a wedding next weekend
  • Dentist was alright

Hello!

Today has been a better day. School was good and I had great time with my friends during the gig. After school my friend just asked if I'f like to go eat swordfish for 4.50€ and I was like hell yeah! This app called ResQ shows if there are some leftover lunches at a cheap price around. A great idea! It was also cool to play some chess with my friends. The evenings work shift was nice but there hasn't been too much time for school-related activities. It's kind of bad to skip those, but it's a choice I need to make when taking the shifts. The best moment of today was eating swordfish.

I read a good article by Mark Manson once again today. It was about Manson's typical not giving a fuck and acceptance. Maybe there are some things that I feel like he addresses quite roughly but overall a very good read. Looking forward to buying his new book. Let's hope that it matches the hype he is surrounding it with.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Eating out with friends
  • Having fun while playing chess
  • Our performance going well
  • HAving a good conversation with my friends
  • Hugs

Hello!

Today was a good day. I traveled back from the wedding in Maaninka. They were really cool and I met some of my parents' childhood friends which was awesome. I've read and studied much of the day since the journey home was quite a long one. I also took a walk since the day had been rather stagnant. The best moment of today was dining with my family.

I've been doing good reflection on my journal. Sometimes going for a bit too neurotic, but clearing my thoughts as well.

Yeah if I have some spare Money I will buy it too. Just like his writing style and that he thinks out of the box often times.

Yup, me too! :) He truly has his own quite straight forward, no nonsense approach.

Today I'm grateful for:

• ResQ-app, it's awesome
  • Grandma cooking tons of food
  • My cousin getting married and soon having a baby! Time runs so fast – A Cliché but sums the feeling
  • Fresh autumn wind
  • Seeing my family and grandparents' house at the countryside. They don't even lock their doors because it's so safe there

And a random feeling – I want to go wild camping so much! Enjoy the Finnish autumn colours.

Hello!

Today was a cool day. It consisted of school, gym and studying. Overall a very productive one. The best moment of today was meeting my friends in the gym.

I'm balancing on the limits of my studying capability. I've got to mind leisure time. It was very refreshing to visit the gym after a long time of not training due to cold and hectic schedule. 

I'm still going through different approaches to NF and it still seems such an abstract entity. Well it's surely wise not to spend too much time analyzing it since it's one of the easiest topics for me to overanalyze and get neurotic about. 

Life's good.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Stratovarius
  • Cooking good food
  • Being able to go to the gym
  • Instructional youtube videos
  • Adam Savage's TED talk – He's such a great guy :)

Hello!

Today was a very chill day. After school I studied and spent the rest of day hanging and watching films with my friends. We watched Kung Fury and Superbad which on an intellectual level are not necessarily the sharpest films, but they are lots of fun. The best moment of today was laughing with Kalle.

Mixed feelings about NF. I feel that I'm more capable of handling it but it's always a little wild card.

I'll do some more personal reflecting on my personal journal. Good night everyone!

Today I'm grateful for:

• Finnish police being educated and chill
  • My Nishiki is back in action
  • Foo Fighters
  • Curry flavouring my cookings quite well
  • Having time tomorrow morning