NEW VIDEO: I Quit MMOs and THIS Happened

Introduction

Hello,

My name is Alex and I am addicted to video games. Although I have been able to hold a job for the last four years, gaming has not allowed me to have a healthy life. Everyday I would wake up with just enough time to get to work. After work I would go straight home, play games, go to sleep and repeat. My days off are wasted entirely by video games. I didn't want to have friends because gaming filled that "gap", if you will. I would even skip meals because all I wanted to do was play video games.

Today is the first day I have decided to make the change. I plan to dedicate myself to the 90 day detox and get my life back. 

On a side note, I think Covid played a big part in my addiction. I have talked to other gamers, and they seem to be in the same situation. Covid has reached us all no matter where you live. This tells me that there must be others in this situation. If you're reading this and Covid has worsened your addiction or even caused it, leave a comment. Even a small comment that tells me you are in this exact same situation with me would motivate me so much.

🙃

• Like 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Alex1 said:

Hello,

My name is Alex and I am addicted to video games. Although I have been able to hold a job for the last four years, gaming has not allowed me to have a healthy life. Everyday I would wake up with just enough time to get to work. After work I would go straight home, play games, go to sleep and repeat. My days off are wasted entirely by video games. I didn't want to have friends because gaming filled that "gap", if you will. I would even skip meals because all I wanted to do was play video games.

Hello Alex it is great to see you here starting the work to get your life back on track and I wish you the best I believe anyone who commits has the ability to do it and GQ also has a Journal section of the forum as a tool to be of help. I've had addiction issues since childhood and I know that the environment covid created did enable my addiction to resurface though more potently I think my home environment was the stronger enabler. Finding what causes and worsens addiction has been a very complicated thing in my experience but that's not to say the answer can't be reached. I used to have a clear answer for it but it just felt like that answer was coming from emotions of blame and doing me more harm than good but now days I feel that the best answer that serves me is that I was addicted because I was neglecting my own life and growth, things that the very body needs on a daily basis. If you got this far you probably have an idea what all that would all entail. It all makes a huge difference but especially proper restful sleep and maintaining circadian rhythm - gaming addiction is really great at screwing those up.

• Like 2
  • Like 1