NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

How to talk about video game addiction

EmG

So, I've known I was an addict for over a decade now. Shit, wait, over two decades. Damn, when did I get so old? Most of the time I'm on the wagon, recently had a relapse. But, the thing is, only a couple people in my life know I'm an addict. I tried to talk to my housemate about it last week and he suggested moderation. Like, dude, if I was capable of moderation, I wouldn't be in this situation in the first place. His advice would literally fuck up my life. Luckily I know that. I'm ignoring it. But, that's why I don't talk about it much. No one seems to understand, or consider it a "real" addiction. Like, yeah, I know it could be worse. Drugs would be worse. But that doesn't mean it's not bad for me.

I also don't talk about it because... most of my friends game. I just tend to have more in common with gamers than non-gamers. And it's hard for them to hear negative things about an important hobby in their life.

So I guess I'm thinking about coming out of the closet as a gaming addict, though I'm still on the fence. Would it really help? Is it worth the backlash? Like all the other closets in my life, is this something I want to be open about, or keep on a need-to-know basis?

• Like 1

On 5/1/2022 at 9:56 PM, EmG said:

So I guess I'm thinking about coming out of the closet as a gaming addict, though I'm still on the fence.

with gamer friends? I did that to two friends so far and they avoid me as if I said covid and coughed real bad.

edit - to be fair I don't go out of my way to visit them these days so really havent given any opportunity to see where else that might go.

Edited by goodvibes