Salem

Day #1

Gratitude journal:

Some things I am thankful for today:

-My family

-The ability to go to school nearly free

-Having a fairly easy job that I can study at or do this journal

One amazing thing that happened/I did today:

I got way more studying in today than I did yesterday I also uninstalled GeForce Now and Steam

Workout/run:

Did a little bit of a workout at the gym. not going to lie I was kinda lazy unfortunately

Prayer:

Lord I want to thank you for this life that I have and all the intricacies that go into sustaining it, I pray that you watch over my friend James who is struggling with being sick while going through a pretty nasty custody battle, as well as my cousin Dylan who is also struggling to find some peace.

Lord I pray that you help me let go of the things that hinder my progress, and grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

In Jesus name, amen.

Visualization:

Thought about what I actually want out of my life. I know I want a tiny cabin on my families ranch at least. With a little work shed to tinker around in.

Daily affirmation:

Video games are not real achievements and I do not enjoy them

Reading + taking notes:

Didn't read much today, skimmed through my network books a little bit and read about 5% of 1984 while I waited for my co worker to come so I could leave. I haven't read it before. I started to and remembered why I stopped. Its really depressing.

Getting to bed before 9pm:
Made it yesterday

Weekly Goal(s)
Set 4/17:

-Finish 3 Network+ chapters
-Find hobbies for the mind, body, and soul

Monthly Goal:
Pass my test

What went well today:

The church services were really great, I also scheduled to meet up with my IT study group

What I could have done to make my day better:

Not fall back asleep on the couch after I wake up in the morning as well as spending less time on YouTube

What I will do differently tomorrow:

Eat a good breakfast

• Like 2

Day #2

Gratitude journal:

I am thankful for having a few days off work, it's supposed to be nice out today and I honestly have really no idea how to spend it. I got new optics on my
rifle, I might go up to the ranch if its not a muddy mess (though with all the rain yesterday its more than likely)

I think I seen a small wood-carving set over at my grandparents in the basement. It might be fun to sit out on the deck and see if I can make anything while I
listen to a podcast or something.

One amazing thing that happened/I did today:

Got a real gym membership at a calisthenics place

Workout/run:

oof

Prayer:

Heavenly father I pray to put my worry's at the foot of the cross, and allow my trust in you to guide me to the path that is right for me.

Lord we ask that you watch over us today as we keep you near in our hearts

Amen

Thoughts:

Currently my thoughts are a little everywhere. This is the first day I didn't work and didn't play any video games for a really long time. I didn't do too much other
than clean a bit and talked with my dad for a while and I am getting ready to go to class. Having my favorite league champ as my wallpaper background definitely did not really
help so I had to change that for sure. I got the wood carving stuff also I just need to grab it from my car after class.

Daily affirmation:

Video games are a poor imitation of how great life can actually be.

Reading + taking notes:

Did not read today, need to charge my kindle.

Getting to bed before 9pm:

Absolutely did not do this, stayed but late playing around on HackTheBox. It's related to my studies but its more fun than it is studying for my exam.
Didn't wake up this morning until like 9 or so. Its my weekend so its whatever. They have a networking module that talks about a lot of the same stuff i need to work on but in a little more of a fun way.

Weekly Goal(s):
Work through 3 more chapters
find hobbies

Pass my exam

build and stick to a strong morning and nightly routine.

made some pretty good food

Have my day planned better

Plan my day before bed

"Infinite lives, and all of them thrown away"

• Like 1

4 Days without games

Did not update this journal yesterday but I don't want to lose the habit so I am just making a small one right now. cravings have been pretty minimal though I have pretty much defaulted into just watching YouTube or anime or something instead. I am not going to bring my laptop tomorrow and I will just bring my kindle and my journal that way I can work on some studies through the work computers if I need to or just read. I will go back to filling out the full journal tomorrow as well.

6 days being game free. Not too much to report still. Using YouTube as a replacement still unfortunately. Not bringing my laptop to work does help though. Seen a post talking about how league is not a free game and every match costs a piece of your sanity until there is nothing left. Fairly true and funny

• Like 1

Up to 8 days now, been doing more studying recently and that is good. Also have more direction when I am at the gym instead of just doing whatever lol. Thankful to have the next two days off though. I feel like I should make a plan or else I'll just end up wasting them though. My grandfather will probably go take care of somethings at the ranch, I will probably go with him and help get raccoons away or something. 

10 days without games. YouTube has been pretty minimal so that's good, went up to the ranch and sighted my new gun in. Made it to a lot more study groups as my cert test is coming up really soon and I am super nervous about it. Don't want to go to work tomorrow but oh well. I am thankful I am really tired so I will sleep good tonight

• 1 month later...

I have not been here in forever, getting rid of my Ethernet port has been they key. I have pretty much played 0 games since I have been here last. My girlfriend did buy a switch for us not knowing that I was trying to stop but it has completely been a non issue for me. we play minecraft together on it sometimes and I got mortal kombat and monster hunter for it and maybe have only played them ~3 hrs a week the past month and never thinking about them when I'm not playing. I am planning on getting a high energy puppy breed soon so will be spending lots of time training her at the park