NEW VIDEO: I Quit MMOs and THIS Happened

Game addiction- Fortnite ☠️

Bow

So going straight to the point, I have given advice on this platform to others struggling with gaming addiction and even I can't follow that advice as it is really difficult. When I read that the solution is a 90 day gaming detox I just laughed at the idea because I can't imagine not being able to play Fortnite ☠️. I try to focus more on my studies but I just can't, and I also fall asleep a lot in class even though I have more than enough of sleep the night before. I hate not being able to revise as much as I want to and I know commitment to my studies is the only why I can get the grades I deserve. A 90 day detox for me is impossible I already try not to play games on school days. I think what I need is time management but I can't seem to be able to follow that either I always end up playing way more hours than I had planned in my head. 

I think the major motivator for me is my brother, we play games together all the time and I realised that I play, but much less when he isn't here. When he is here and I'm trying to study upstairs I get jealous and instead of focusing on my studies I just want to go back. 

I need help SOS

• Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 4:18 AM, Bow said:

I think what I need is time management but I can't seem to be able to follow that either I always end up playing way more hours than I had planned in my head. 

Moderation tip change environment get games out of your home so you physically have to go somewhere else to play. If you still can't moderate your game time at that point then I suppose that means moderation won't work so you need to the cold turkey quit route. Either route you need to make changes to your environment so that it is supportive to a change in you.

On 4/14/2022 at 4:18 AM, Bow said:

A 90 day detox for me is impossible I already try not to play games on school days.

Start a journal here when you're ready and think of replacement activities, you can't tell yourself a goal you want to accomplish is impossible and expect to ever follow through with it.