NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Journey to a Worthy Life

awcy_h

April the 3rd.

Hello all.
I'll be getting right too it. Today was decent enough. Went to the gym after skipping for two days, didn't have my music with me which was a bit of a bummer.

image.thumb.png.3b87dc9731a7ece2ccd01ddc91791764.pngimage.thumb.png.e09e2b2b05ceb58312ca928d6746611d.pngimage.thumb.png.e1abc869e65b5d152d54e84161554f5d.png

As can be seen; the last three days leave much to be desired. I'm almost done with the programming 101 course and up to speed with parallel programming. Work with Numerical Methods and the math course leaves a lot to be desired. The poor presentation on Friday did a number on me. What was inexcusable was continuing the lack of actions for the two coming days. It is not only 'filling the hours' I've missed today and yesterday. But every hour used innanely is a vote for the person I was. With every hour of concienscious and honest work is a vote for the person I wish to be. Weekly Productivity Score is 0,138. Did 3h of more work this week than last week, but the overload of red the last three days has driven WPS into the gutter. Dropped the ball there. Weight is at 97.8kg, this is probably a bit low but real weight shouldn't be much above 98.2kg. Won't write too much on next week's plans as that's for Monday's big scheduling session to figure out. But the TL:DR version of next week's schedule will probably be finishing programming courses and doing leaps in Numerical + Algebra & Geometry.

At least I gymmed today. That's something at least. Fell asleep during the middle of the day after lunch. On a more high note: I've found an audiobook to listen to when I'm on the move. It'll compete with Huberman. 

Kind Regards,

A Fellow Addict (no spellchecking this time)

• Like 2

April 4th.

Hello all.
It has been a fruitful day. Not much has been completed today if judged in the manner of intended tasks and checkboxes. But if judged by the metrics of engagement and time; then it has been a good day. It is Monday so the week's plan has been assembled:

image.thumb.png.b72c12073c78e256e4c6aee2be9387c0.pngimage.thumb.png.e1ee4dd43d4f45e99cba5bdd4c4deafe.png

In abbreviation, this represents completing the two ongoing programming courses, finishing up two the halfway point of the math course, and completing 2/5th of the course on Numerical Methods as well as the first project we have in that course. Algebra and Geometry need to be finished before 22/4. Being up to halfway done a week and a half before that will allow for leeway the coming week when regarding planning. Probably next week will include a large amount of time spent in preparation for the upcoming Statistics and Probability exam. Numerical Methods and Parallel Programming have assignments for this week with set deadlines. The general layout of the week's work is scheduled around finishing Num-Assignment by Wednesday and Parallel-Assignment by Thursday at the latest. There will be activities throughout the week not included here that I'll spend time on. Ranging from laundry to meal-prepping to whatever else comes up in the daily planning. Yet the above illustrated is the core of this week's work.

Today's activities:
image.thumb.png.59a0e71992b0e0d73d03179358e44894.pngimage.png.f42a6a774cdf3d70cc9fe751842d494a.png

A lot of time was spent familiarizing myself with the MatLab environment and completing tutorials for it. It was an unforeseen time sponge that I'd have had to deal with tomorrow if I didn't do it today. Generally speaking, the F1-F7 ('Föreläsning 1-7' in Swedish or Lecture 1-7) does not appear to be too difficult. I estimate that they'll take on average two hours to complete each with a good tempo. Scheduling with councilors is a lead time item, therefore it is important to get it done early. Will see about mailing one of them tomorrow. All in all, I'm satisfied with the day. Wake-up time wasn't the greatest but I've made a lot of the day. 

Kind Regards, 

A Fellow Addict

• Like 2

April 5th.

Hello all.
Won't make a long entry for today. I've been working with numerical methods all day, perhaps trying to work with it all day is a more apt description of my day. Skipped gym to get some more hours in as there are two deadlines coming quickly. I'm grateful that I started this project early as it is taking a lot longer than expected. Not as much of a breaze as expected, partly because it builds on knowledge of calculus 1 and 2 which I've not completed. Fear not, I shall struggle through this!

image.thumb.png.cd81353c8fc9fc8727544a1408ae88e8.pngimage.thumb.png.dcd583630c3587af42a0fd787573ed0d.png

The project has five questions. They require the related knowledge from F1-F5. I've completed the first one and am prepared to finish question two. Plan is to finish hurry up and finish this tomorrow so that I can complete the parallel programming assignment on Thursday. I'm having more difficulties focusing on this course than programming. The deadline is 13:00 on Thursday for this so I'll sit up for as long as necessary tomorrow to finish this. 

Kind Regards,

A Fellow Addict.

• Like 1

April 11th.

Hello all.
Short checkup, will edit this entry tomorrow to include a late weekly review and screencuts from the schedule. Ever since the last entry, I've mostly done nothing at all. Did not finish the Numerical Analysis assignment. Did not finish the math, nor programming 101 activities I intended to. Basically did nothing for a few days except ignore responsibilities (still completed the parallel programming course) , read fiction novels online, and order pizza and ice-cream home deliveries in copious ammounts. Haven't gamed. 

In a foul mood because of how I've acted over the last half-dousin days; so not much more I'm willing to add right now. Made a basic weekly-schedule to follow with the idea of saving my 'progress' towards the two upcoming exams next week.

Regards,
A Moronic Addict

Edited by awcy_h
  • Like 2

April 12th.

Hello all.
Good day today. Looking at the schedule, I can see that I've been active throughout the whole day yet I feel as if I've not completed much at all. Some extra time was spent on cooking food for the upcoming 3-4 days and I had to repeat 1.1-1.3 in Algebra and Geometry as I was not comfortable with how shallow my understanding on that chapter was. Probability and statistics is easier than expected, primarily because it has a lot of overlap with the math course I've completed earlier this year. They both include a large amount of discrete maths. My plan do not require me to finish Probability and statistics next week, only Algebra and Geometry. If I feel like Alg & Geo is slipping come Sunday/Saturday then I'll drop the statistics course as it is a voluntary extra. 

I've mailed the councilor today. Setting things up to perhaps progress with programming courses once the Algebra and Probability exams are over. Hopefully she'll greenlight my activities and I can check that off so that the professor can consider my previous requests. Downloaded the add 'Turf' yesterday to perhaps spur me to expand on my walking routes. They are rather short for the scheduled half an hour to complete. Will try to complete Game Quitter's entries quicker. I've on average taken around half an hour, aiming to get that down to 0.25h without diminishing quality by focusing on writing faster.

image.thumb.png.9ca2d0500177d1d860e6955344d8e29f.pngimage.thumb.png.4545e6b0ca692ebb0459ca8adc110d9b.png

Weekly plan:
Two primary activities; to progress with Algebra and Geometry as well as the Statistical course at breakneck speed in preperation for next week's examinations. Algebra is the primary focus. Should I somehow finish the intended workload with time to spare, then I'll squeeze in some programming. Gym visits is limited to a goal of 3x this week to save time for work. I know previously wrote that long-term exercise and a focus on health is better; but I am really strapped for time to complete these two courses right now. Wasting six days has made the statistical course an inch for being dead completion-wise.

image.thumb.png.000c7dd3a8faa1455149e1179a012ea6.png

Will continue the mail conversation with the councilor tomorrow. Intent being to get a meeting scheduled for next week at the latest. Weight 99.4kg (go me, loosing much of my progress).

Kind Regards, 
A Fellow Addict

• Like 2

April 13th.

Hello all.
It has been a long day of studying. It has gone well, but I had to force myself to sit still and study several times. Did not always succeed at that yet  overall it went decently. Completed 3/4 of Module 2/6 of my Algebra and Geometry course. That is an amazing pace of about two and a half times normal fulltime studies. But its not enough it I'm to complete both exams next week. I may have to drop the Probability course to save the more important math course.

Activities of the day:
image.thumb.png.7dd3ca0766e9c3a9c8a8acf1f3cefb2b.pngimage.thumb.png.6d613978a1772dba2c79603fa60e0ca7.png

Active and hasteful learning is hard when its done for more than a few hours of the day. I'd have less difficulties completing with twelve hours of activities containing four hours of learning, than eight hours of only learning new things. Got more work to do tomorrow, booked the laundryroom and will see about fixing the ventilation of the appartment if it can be done in half an hour.

Kind regards,
A Fellow Addict

• Like 2

April 14th

Hello all.
Another day, another opportunity to grow. I did not complete all tasks I set out to do today. There was a relatively large number of breaks that were unnecessary and today's work output shows it. The Probability and statistics course is being cut; it is not part of the bare-bones plan for acquiring the necessary course credits this year. I absolutely need to complete the Algebra course for this goal, not necessarily the other. I spoke with my father today and I'm going to visit him on Saturday for the Easter celebrations. There will be people there with whom I have rocky relationships. People who I like to think I care about. It won't be the easiest experience, I feel some trepidation before it. Yet part of quitting gaming and becoming the person I want to be is making amends for my failings and doing better in the now. Things can be separated into two categories, the things I can affect and the things I cannot affect. The past is unchangeable, I cannot take back what I've done. What I can do is fixing things as best I can in the now.

I'll work on getting eight hours of sleep a day. I'm sluggish if I sleep poorly and my work suffers for it. This pace may be enough to complete Algebra on time but it is entirely too slow compared to what I know I'm capable off. Phone use has skyrocketed; it will be put back into its containment zone. Started listening to the audiobook 'Principles' by Ray Dalio when I'm going outside. Perhaps my focus has become frayed. Too many books, audiobooks, phone to distract me, poor handling on interuptions of productive endeavors. Staying on the narrow edge of being productive requires better guardrails than the ones I've had up these last three days. An hour will be used tomorrow to reflect on how I'm going about my day. To try and identify what the sources of lagging productivity, engagement, and ability then to see which ones I can root out quickly.

Activities of the day:
I will note that I'm counting 3.4 of Algebra complete for bookkeeping. Yet there is about 15 min of work left to get through before it is done.

image.thumb.png.10d28b136e3332197c0e8854ee0d67d6.pngimage.thumb.png.cfd0eb9af448d810f1ca64721b8180d8.png

Kind Regards,
A Fellow Addict

• Like 1