NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Hello, I am Mike

Musket Mike

Hi everybody, I am Mike, 21. I am a year 2 undergraduate. I am addicted to both mobile games and YouTube videos. When I was studying in grade 7, it is common for my friends to play mobile games. In grade 9, I engaged in the game called Clash Royale because my friends were playing. Starting from the moment, my mind told me I was obligated to play the game every day even though I could not feel any happiness. I have been getting a sense of achievement. To get the gaming skills, I started watching YouTube. Fascinated by those contents, I got addicted to that as well. I even watched a maximum of 7 hours of videos per day during my holiday. I often got enraged by losing games consecutively. I tried to search for the internet, seeking ways of getting rid of addictions. I have uninstalled and installed the game many times (so do the ad games), but I was defeated. Fortunately, I stop playing ad-games now but I still cannot get rid of YouTube and gaming addictions (Maybe I am not hooked by those ad-games).

The addictions above have been striking my life in the present comprehensively. I was mediocre in a public exam so I cannot study in a greater university. I got a poor grade in computer science and I received a warning letter from my university. I am not interested in social. I am often unable to submit my assignment on time. My sleeping cycle shifted unhealthily due to gaming and watching YouTube - I sleep in the morning instead of night. I am not motivated although I know I want to be in the future. I got some health issues with my digestive system and my neck is soar owing to prolonged bending. I realized it was time to stop gaming. I tried to contact Supercell to delete my game data permanently but I ended up being neglected. This makes me angry and I am more determined NOT to waste time on gaming or watching YouTube.

Here are the questions for which I want to seek help. Thank you.

1. Have you got addicted to watching YouTube? How do you stop watching YouTube crazily?

2. How to prevent procrastination?

3. How to delete the Supercell account by myself?

• Like 2

Hi there 

It's been 1 month since I stopped playing league mobile and I don't regret my decision at all

Although I managed to stop gaming, just like you I was watching some YouTube streams from time time to time but recently I could get rid of those as well

I think the secret to achieving this is to try to stop thinking about the game because your thoughts push you to watch those and watching pushes you to crave gaming and think of it

About procrastination I believe it is a pure matter of will power, yes you can use some time limiting apps on your phone like forest or google digital wellbeing but still it's all about saying no to your self whenever you're about to procrastinate, and instead just start studying immediately and It'll be easier to continue once you begin; you can take a 5 min break every 30 mins of studying and trust me it'll all eventually get easier over time just have faith in yourself

If you can't delete your supercell account you can try replacing your google / apple account on your device with a new one so you loose all your game progress if you try to reinstall the game 

Good you luck with your detox and whenever you feel weak remember that you can achieve it just like many other gamers could 

Edited by WildRiftQuitter
  • Like 2

Hi Mike.

1. Youtube. I'm currently battling YouTube addiction as well, today is my first day without watching YT videos. For me it's really important to find some activity that will replace YT, and to do that activity everytime I have an urge to hop on YT again (currently it's practicing card magic).

I also know that I can't allow myself to open YT page in my browser, because that would mean I already lost.

2. Procrastination. I have been procrastinating my whole life (I'm 22 now). A book that really helped me was Atomic Habits. Power of Habit is also a great book, that explains why we keep doing things that we don't want to do and how to change that.

Good luck, and keep going 🙂.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1. I can recommend the addon "DF Tube" as a soft approach and "LeechBlock NG" for Linux / "Cold Turkey Blocker" for Windows / "Stay Focused" for Android as a hard blocking approach.

2. Andrew Kirby is a god for personal development. Nevertheless he is on YouTube...

3. no idea, I don't even know what that is.

I'm looking into practicing speed reading to start replacing more screen time with book reading myself. 

Steve Pavlina talks quite a bit about procrastination on his well aged dot com blog.

If the game admin won't delete your game data then maybe you could set up an IP block rule to them from your router or device, lock it with a password you can't possibly remember, and don't write it down anywhere.  Maybe you could also request to the admin to heavily punish your account, stripping it of certain progress and digital possessions.

• 10 months later...