NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Restored journal

Amphibian220

I’ve got mutiple important matters to solve regarding my career turn, what’s relieving is that I’ve got so many tasks in this stretch that I won’t have the time to dream.

This forum slowed with a few regulars posting occasionally, I hope we do get to attract and help many more targets of this non stop gaming craze. 

• Like 2

Retrying Hacking programs.

I will state before I go to sleep tonight:

1. I can refine, identify and achieve my specific goals.

2. I am able to become self-sufficient through introspection and discipline.

3. There is no harm in stating things as they are. Its no big deal to get embarassed, or turned away by respondents.

4. I will write one job application from today. I will use a PC for that.

5. I will not dream about succeeding because I haven’t got time for that.

i need to work on these statements cause their exact wording can mean a huge difference for driving my performance . If I repeat them every night, thats 365 repetitions a year. If these catch phrases work in advertisements, they must work in personal development.

Matt, How do you like this line:

Game quitters, nothing will stop me from putting an end to those pipe dreams.

Edited by Amphibian220
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Amphibian220 said:

5. I will not dream about succeeding because I haven’t got time for that.

Just a thought - I'm not 100% sure about this one... It's important that we enjoy the process of what we are doing each day, and look forward to (or have that hope/"Dream") to keep us going forward.  Maybe reframing that to "I will hold the dream as a light ahead to guide me, and find ways to savor (enjoy) the activities that must be done to achieve those dreams, along the way"?   Best wishes!

On 1/3/2022 at 5:00 PM, Amphibian220 said:

This forum slowed with a few regulars posting occasionally, I hope we do get to attract and help many more targets of this non stop gaming craze. 

It's been like this for as long as I can remember, but it's normal. Quitting excessive gaming doesn't imply using GQ forums or even staying on them forever. Cam did reference there are 2.7 billion gamers in the world and if only 1% get addicted, it's 27 million people.

Anyhow, you do raise valid a point of being vigilant. I think there are lots of (under)currents such as excessive gaming, substance (alcohol, tobacco etc.) abuse or irrational fear of nuclear energy. These are the things whose value is hardly calculable (especially monetarily), but I'd argue these ills are much more harmful to the mankind than the exalted CV pandemic, which however does seem to get the spotlight for the last two years.

@The_Creative_Quitter Dreaming has its purpose of course,

But my issue is that i overthink matters too much. This rumination i have not found a cure for in the two years Im here.

its not location or time specific, can happen anywhere. If i get myself busy, i still overthink the things im doing.

I am amazed at BooksandTrees saying about not to being so hard on himself. I need to learn from his example

• Like 1
  • Like 1

@Ikar I needed to print out some documents, and the only thing I could find was a local gaming club. As i hopped into it, I immediately witnessed that unhealthy environment:

young teens sitting in a dimly lit room, it is almost pitch black. The computer screens give off a strong contrasting glare that strains the eyes. These boys had very tired faces.

Then the frantic nervous laughing and swearing that is so familiar in these places. 

It actually got worse from the times when i played. Back in my time the games felt rudimentary, you could see that it was just a game and you got bored after a while. Now it is fashioned to a point where the experience transitions to keep it interesting for as long as possible.

I felt sad for these kids.

I wonder if I could distribute pamphlets on a day off or do some sort of publicity to help these people. 

• Like 1

Just read a news article about rising video game “athletes”. One report cited that mobile app downloads grew by 50 % and user engagement went up by 20 % during the pandemic. 

The number of professional players is predicted to reach 1.5 million by 2025 in India alone. Esports is still in its infancy surmises one “analyst”. 

I want to know who is subsidizing video games in these countries. Why are they doing it? Why not get out and practice football, or swimming, or anything that is healthy?

Edited by Amphibian220
  • Like 3

On 1/19/2022 at 7:26 AM, Amphibian220 said:

Just read a news article about rising video game “athletes”. One report cited that mobile app downloads grew by 50 % and user engagement went up by 20 % during the pandemic. 

The number of professional players is predicted to reach 1.5 million by 2025 in India alone. Esports is still in its infancy surmises one “analyst”. 

I want to know who is subsidizing video games in these countries. Why are they doing it? Why not get out and practice football, or swimming, or anything that is healthy?

If the opportunity for money is there someone will always be interested unfortunately. 

• Like 2

On 1/19/2022 at 1:26 PM, Amphibian220 said:

11 minutes ago, BooksandTrees said:

If the opportunity for money is there someone will always be interested unfortunately. 

It reminds me of this timeless classic:

Anyhow, the point is, with the current democracies as they are, having 4-6 years to rule before the opposition is likely to take over the country, that there is no political benefit to making the population healthier. As in the video above, it's basically reduced to the argument of either having 4 billion £ a year or not. Remember all those 80s Belmondo movies, where there are 4 guys sitting in a car and they are all smoking? Nobody cares about the long-lasting benefits of longer lifespan (and possibly longer productive age/work life), if you can cash out now and do something with the government money now.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Gamers lack properties of character- 

No particular interest in food (anything that takes an effort), clothing, communication. This persists even after ending the gaming habit.

How do gamers tend to stay in that pit? Gaming affects habits, back health and digestive health. The combination of the three leaves a chronic inability to take an active interest in developing character.

What is worse is that modern cities exacerbate the problem by the office work model. Office work is especially unhealthy for gamers.

• 4 weeks later...

Basically, this new job is so overwhelming, it resembles playing a video game. My clothing, food and exercise quality went down to a bare minimum. I’ll work on weekends just to finish all of my work on time.

But worst of all, it enabled me to escape from one of the most pressing issues: communication skills. Just performing administrative work threw me back a lot in that regard, I can’t find a time to speak to somebody on issues that concern me.

Recently the work got very stressful and when somebody remarked about a mistake I made I was unusually defensive. Normally, I would take the time to listen to the feedback, but I interrupted. This was because there was a huge backlog and I felt like I was letting down the team. Well being defensive made me look rude and now I owe an apology. 

I realized I need to resign after having completed my last assignments.

On 3/19/2022 at 2:40 PM, Amphibian220 said:

Basically, this new job is so overwhelming, it resembles playing a video game. My clothing, food and exercise quality went down to a bare minimum. I’ll work on weekends just to finish all of my work on time.

But worst of all, it enabled me to escape from one of the most pressing issues: communication skills. Just performing administrative work threw me back a lot in that regard, I can’t find a time to speak to somebody on issues that concern me.

Recently the work got very stressful and when somebody remarked about a mistake I made I was unusually defensive. Normally, I would take the time to listen to the feedback, but I interrupted. This was because there was a huge backlog and I felt like I was letting down the team. Well being defensive made me look rude and now I owe an apology. 

I realized I need to resign after having completed my last assignments.

I mean, I have almost forgotten how does it feel to have a job I dislike. What do you have in mind to try out after you quit this job?

The job is something I am good at Ikar, but given the workload of over 100 cases, it was not immediately apparent if my skills were sufficient to handle it. I mean there may be people who will say that working at that pace is not hard at all.

Unusually, there was lax control over my progress and the backlog grew out of control. I wrote a few months back about how oversight was lacking. I am used to a much more stringent scrutiny.

I can take the same kind of job, provided there is a greater harmony and communication between sales, legal function and the managing director.

Money is so short but that is only because I’m not a good saver.

Had I cooked my lunch at home and done the full exercise routine, my nutrition would improve non-linearly and I wouldn’t require as much sugar to keep myself going.

I need to find that time to look for new jobs because burnout at work follows a similar pattern to an uncontrolled gaming habit. I’ve made too few applications in these last months. 

My important goals require more self confidence, proactivity and planning.

Caught in a system trap.

1) Combination of an irritable bowel and a bad back leaves very little energy to pursue healthy activities. In the absence of energy, this pull arises for browsing information that’s on its own is not unhealthy BUT on the whole is detrimental to me because it lacks structured learning.

2) The job is constantly demanding and also plays a role in leaving insufficient energy. Yesterday I was looking for some time just to rest away from work. My back cant handle more education at the end of the day, but I can take 15-20 minutes of study time at max.

3) But the job keeps me in a balanced check too because it is interesting enough.

4) Performance reviews are nervous, but less than in the past and communication is very limited. I need to get books communication techniques, plus I need to taste acting school.

Edited by Amphibian220

I was wondering a lot about advice given to a community member a year ago about identity change.

Looking back on all this, I am ready with full confidence and a deep down answer to say that I am not a dreamer. This is long overdue, yes I will not feel as relaxed as before, but I will feel better from always being in the know about whats going on and tackling it head on. I will resign from the job and be open to being criticized for it.

To all those that made this internet site work, Cam Adair and his team and regular forum members, you are worthy people because you are pushing yourselves to create important things.