NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

No more gatcha garbo, ever again.

Kaizal

First day of not playing any gatcha garbage, will uninstall as soon as I use my phone again, dissapointed that I didn't manage to realize what I was doing when I picked Guardian Tales but also happy I haven't downloaded Genshin today, the day I've craved it the most since I quit. Also no more games since tomorrow for 90 days, not that I was playing anything else though.

• Like 1

Still getting reccomended Genshin and Guardian Tales content on Youtube, i'm feeling good today so I didn't even feel like checking the videos. I wonder though if there is any way to get that kind of content out of my feed other than not watching it persistently. Gotten a little behind on my studies so tomorrow going back at it with all my energy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kaizal said:

Still getting reccomended Genshin and Guardian Tales content on Youtube, i'm feeling good today so I didn't even feel like checking the videos. I wonder though if there is any way to get that kind of content out of my feed other than not watching it persistently. Gotten a little behind on my studies so tomorrow going back at it with all my energy.

Click on the three dots. It will bring down a menu where you can select Not interested and Don't recommend channel.

991187750_ScreenShot2021-10-17at7_39_04PM.png.7679d724a553510196906956c10bf5a7.png

On 10/17/2021 at 11:41 PM, ChewyChickenBones said:

Click on the three dots. It will bring down a menu where you can select Not interested and Don't recommend channel.

991187750_ScreenShot2021-10-17at7_39_04PM.png.7679d724a553510196906956c10bf5a7.png

I've tried doing that, and it helps to a certain extent, it's weird because the recommendations seem to depend on the device i'm using. Anyways thanks for the advice and while it does definitely help, it's not a silver bullet. Algorithm does weird shit sometimes. Still I quite appreciate you taking time out of your day for making the suggestion.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ChewyChickenBones said:

Creating a new account is a good alternative.

I've kept the same account. Just kept clicking Not interested and Don't recommend channel on any gaming content. It began repopulating the recommended content with other videos.

Ye, it's kind of what i'm doing now, and it's slowly working, also today i'm in the process of uninstalling a shitton of games.

• Like 1

I'm still staying away from videogames, day after day I'm becoming more aware of the urge to play. However it's not a "I enjoy this game so I want to play it" feel, it's more my brain being like "shouldn't you be playing rn you little shitter, gimmie my dopamine fix" kind of feel. It's strong enough to drain some of my energy throughout the day but not strong enough to make me actually play.

Also, I need to get a new wallpaper on my PC, having a genshin wallpaper clearly isn't helping but I have no idea what to put on there. Also, I uninstalled a bunch of games, and since gaming might be out of my life for good or at least a long time, i'm considering eventually switching to Linux.

Unrelated but I vomited today and I have 0 drive to go to the gym, so I will try to study as best as I can(instead of grinding for some shitty useless gems).

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to really have to start to stop keeping up on news on the games I like, it just gives me unnecessary stress knowing i'm "missing out" on things that depending on how the detox goes and my plans for later, I might get anyway. And if I decide to stop playing all games all together, it doesn't matter what i'm missing out on. So shouldn't stress myself with it.

Starting to catch up on my studies though it might be a little to late in some cases. Got diagnosed an anxiety disorder last week and I can't say I was surprised. Dealing with it as best as I can.

On 11/13/2021 at 10:00 AM, Marius said:

Why do you watch the news about your games?

It's specifically about one game, Warframe. And it's because it's the best game I have ever played for me, no abusive monetization. Good events, but playing outside of those events it's still worth it. And the game keeps going in the direction I want it to go. And it never felt like if I don't play now, I won't be able to get this later.

So when it comes to mental health issues, this game has had the mildest impact of them all in perspective. I do want to play that game quite a bit, but I have committed to not doing it for 3 months at least. And this might all be the dopamine withdrawl speaking.

I have been diagnosed an anxiety disorder last week and while not depressed exhibiting several symptoms of depression. I guess that theorycrafting and watching the news has been my way of looking away from the pile of shit my life has been the last few weeks.

On 11/13/2021 at 10:00 AM, Marius said:

Why do you watch the news about your games?

Already replied but a second reply. The games that I find that actively damaged me the most, namely gatchas, I actively avoid looking at any info related to them, so at least i'm not behaving that self destructively.

• Like 1

It's all good, just saying that the problem with all diets and other time bound tasks is that they will ultimately come to an end. For you these three months are the time frame. I would recommend you to go one step further and not look at the news of the other game as well as it really sounds like as if doing so makes it only harder for you. Just don't do it and sit down and wait, realizing your cravings until they evaporate into nothing. They are only emotions after all.

On 11/16/2021 at 5:23 PM, Marius said:

It's all good, just saying that the problem with all diets and other time bound tasks is that they will ultimately come to an end. For you these three months are the time frame. I would recommend you to go one step further and not look at the news of the other game as well as it really sounds like as if doing so makes it only harder for you. Just don't do it and sit down and wait, realizing your cravings until they evaporate into nothing. They are only emotions after all.

I appreciate the intention of helping. However right now I have a psychologist and a psychiatrist working as a team to give me the best possible medical attention for my mental health profile right now. If I want advice on what to do, I will ask as I have done before, this is primarily a thread to remind myself to not play games for the period I have set for myself.

The task is time bound, because the nature of it, is to make my brain function more normally, so that I can assess at what point do which games become damaging to my health without having a dopamine withdrawal clouding my judgment and with mental health professionals by my side so help me make that call.

So again I would appreciate if you could refrain from giving advice that hasn't been asked for.

• 2 weeks later...

Was feeling good today until my self-worth issues kicked in and fucked with a relationship that is quite important to me atm. Frustrated af. Urge to play kicked in but didn't do it. Gonna apologize for being a dumbass to this person. Anyways, gatchas still suck ass. Genshin can fuck itself i'm not playing it. Warframe not atm.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2021 at 12:23 AM, BooksandTrees said:

Start thinking about why you want to play when you get cravings and think of alternative activates in different environments. 

I'm gonna have to study quite a bit in a week from now since exams are approaching. So trying to figure out what to do for a week until I have to start studying again doesn't seem worth it.

• 4 weeks later...

The exam stress is getting heavy but I still haven't played, I hit 3 months the 17 of this month. Looking at games again now, first of all, I still wouldn't ever play a gatcha, that's set in stone. The damage those games do to me is gigantic.

However other games haven't been that damaging to me I think. They keep me having fun, enjoying myself and playing with people I enjoy being around with, the problem comes along when it becomes my sole refuge and I distance myself from people because of them. Then I start feeling lonely, worthless, unaccomplished, generally terrible.  And to be honest that's not excusive to games, this happens whenever in life I start getting stressed out way to much. Which is easy for me given that I have an anxiety disorder.

So whenever I'm feeling like shit, and can't do anything at that specific time, instead of delving into thought's that harm me a shitton, thinking about a videogame is more fun to me, I have something to redirect that huge amount of anxiety over to.

Nothing in my life has gotten way better because I quit playing games, even though I was going to the gym quite a bit and enjoyed it. Talking and hanging out with friends just like normal. I feel like the problem to me are specifically the kind of games that try to fuck with my brain to get to give them money. And the rest are just fun games, that I overplay whenever I feel bad, but I have a good time with them, and they don't make me feel bad if everything else in my life is in order.