NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My 1st post

Shonnasen The Light

date: 2021, Sep 22

I'm gratiful for:

1. The exsistence of gamequiters. It will help me finding a better life

2. My mom and dad. They have endured, with me on this journey of finding my emotional needs and fulfill them

3. My parents letting me staying in their house when I am low on money and struggling with videogames

4. being able to still having the ability to feel good after whatever that's happened

Sleeping habit:    

getting up - 6:30 am

going to bed - 11:00 pm     ,        it has lasted for:  7  days 

Game time:

on everage---- 1 hour(s) per day  ,        current career status: freelance translator, little income

Things I did to replace some game time for the same emotional needs:

- vivsitng my dad's little farm yard with my mom and have a special meal together for a holiday celebration

- talking to my mom about my gaming issue and the conection between addiction and childhood, with a respectful attitude that is different than the heated blame games                               before   

Random notes:

I read a couple others' jounals. I think most of them talk about gaming as "an enemy" that need to be defeated, and they tend to completely stop gaming in a very short period of              time. I do not know how long they have been having that habit. I do not believe in quick fixs. I think gaming is just one form of the million things you can do to fulfill emotional                      needs. Simply by forceful distraction will not solve it in the long run; I failed quiting so many times, because for me , I thought gaming is "an enemy", not my "kindness" to help me              deal with lonelyness. I will work with it, not work against it. And I surrender to my needs for love. I need love. I can not do everything by myself. And I cry, a lot. I think I should stop              pretending to be tough.    

• Like 1

6 hours ago, White Draco Edge said:

I read a couple others' jounals. I think most of them talk about gaming as "an enemy" that need to be defeated, and they tend to completely stop gaming in a very short period of              time. I do not know how long they have been having that habit. I do not believe in quick fixs. I think gaming is just one form of the million things you can do to fulfill emotional                      needs. Simply by forceful distraction will not solve it in the long run; I failed quiting so many times, because for me , I thought gaming is "an enemy", not my "kindness" to help me              deal with lonelyness. I will work with it, not work against it. And I surrender to my needs for love. I need love. I can not do everything by myself. And I cry, a lot. I think I should stop              pretending to be tough.    

Heyo! Feel free to check out my journal, I think it talks about some of the things you mention here (link below) 🙂

However, I must say that though I do not see gaming as an enemy, I do think that it does not fullfill any needs beyond simply letting stress out and escaping the real world. Gaming can help someone have a social circle and/or deal with emotions, but it is a weak tool to solve any issues you might have. Most games are made to be fun and distract you from problems rather than help you deal with them. That's also true for online relationships- they can be helpful, but they are ultimately not as fullfilling as real relationships. For me, gaming is only a good way to have fun and, only if I am playing with others in person, connect with people. 

What do you think?

Po

• Like 1

I am happy that someone is sharing ideas. I think whether it is an enemy is not important here. The important thing is: We find what works, and your method can be different from mine. Actually, Po's reply got me thinking.

The best way to understand all these conversations, is: I find something new that will help me to recreate my habits that ONLY WORKS FOR ME (once I am better, I will start helping others, but the 1st step is to heal myself). You can not help anyone if you are down in the dumps, because you have nothing positive to share, you have to gather whatever little postivie energy to keep yourself in one piece and figure out how to be better. I am just talking about what works for me. I think we all have to follow some other people's examples and take a stand on different opinions.  I have seen people talking about fighting video games as the nemesis. If it works for them, I think that's great. It gives me the motovition to continue working on myself because someone else has done it, that means I can make it too ! ~       

• Like 1