NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Journal

parkin

Thank you so much. My posts aren't very ambitious, but I'm staying on the path and I wish you good luck on yours. My life's changed for the better already. I'll keep posting until the end of this year. 😉 BTW I forgot to post yesterday.

Day 27/28

Done.

Stay hard.

• Like 1

Oooo yes! Congtrats on getting to a full month! 

I think that for some of us, approaching a record can be trigerring and might cause a relapse. I, personally, do better when making a more distant "goal" like 60/90 days, and keeping my previous attempts out of my way. Those "records" remind me of my previous failures rather than successes, and aren't all that encouraging.

What do you think? Does appriaching a "highscore" help you?

Yes, I've read about this concept in The Willpower Instinct and The Science of Self-Discipline. It seems that for some people beating their record might cause a relapse. It might be better to only acknowledge it and move on instead of celebrating it. I'm approaching my rehab differently this time by keeping a journal, keeping myself busy and by setting a very clear goal. I feel like I can keep going. It got way easier after a month, but I'm ready for when the addiction strikes back. I'm waiting, come at me. 😉 

BTW, what's your method for staying on track when life gets hard and you're in a dip?

Day 33/34/35

Done.

Stay hard.

Edited by parkin

@Wojciech S. Thank you. The second week was BY FAR the hardest one for me. It gets a bit easier after that, especially if you keep yourself occupied. Some books that I mentioned in the previous posts helped me a lot. You can check them out, maybe you'll find something you like. Don't envy me, you can do it too. Good luck. 😉

Day 38

Done.

Stay hard.