We've reached over 20,000 journal entries! Thanks to everyone for making this a special place.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Game Destroyer's Journal

14 posts in this topic

Posted

DAY # - 1

Time I woke up0930

Time I went to sleep yesterday:  0200

Physical task: Walked outside.

Mental task: Reading.

Projects: Online Shopping.

Miscellaneous accomplishments: 

~ Talked to my wife extra.

~ Finished deleting or unsubscribing from any other games on my laptop.

~ Setup with the Game Quitters Forum.

Summary of Day #: 1

What I am grateful for today:

~ A day off of work.

~ Food.

~ Rest.

~ Sunshine.

Laters... 

2 people like this

Posted

Welcome! Awesome to have you join us. :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for the support group here. :)

Posted

DAY # - 2

Time I woke up1000

Time I went to sleep yesterday:  0330

Physical task: Attended a funeral.

Mental task: Studying scripture.

Projects: Downloading music.

~ Guided my children with their chores.

~ Wrote a letter to my uncle.

Summary of Day #: 2

~ Stayed up late yesterday because of watching YouTube with my wife instead of playing games alone!

~ Revisiting some good music and good preaching.

~ My wife and children are being patient with me.

~ That I wasn't the man doing the funeral this time.

Laters... 

1 person likes this

Posted

DAY # - 3

Time I woke up0930

Time I went to sleep yesterday:  0130

Physical task: Went to church.

Mental task: Studying scripture.

Projects: Practiced guitar.

~ Spent some quality time in prayer.

~ Removed a few social media apps from my phone.

Summary of Day #: 3

I noticed that I'm struggling with some anxiety, but it's weird that while saying that, I am actually thinking more clearly. My children seem happier. My wife is approving of the changes. They are actually watching a show (Little House on the Prairie) right now. It's the only time the television has been on all weekend really. Looking forward to spring. Blowing snow all weekend. It's the type of weekend I would typically spend lots of time gaming. I kept busy all day though and seem to have a little more energy, but I have feelings of being bored. I'm sure the detox is going to take care of some of the issues with a sense of boredom. I just need to be patient. If I had access to games, I would definitely be playing right now. I find myself looking at my phone a lot more so I deleted my social media apps. I can check messages from my laptop, but don't want to have access all day long.

~ Eating dinner with my family.

~ Seeing a few old acquaintances.

~ Another day off of work.

Laters... 

Posted

DAY # - 4

Time I woke up0830

Physical task: Went to work.

Projects: Practiced guitar.

~ Went to work.

~ Working on getting to bed a little earlier so I'm journaling a little earlier.

Summary of Day #: 4

Argh! I want to play games so bad. A device with some "educational" games survived and one of my kids got permission to play from mom. This stinks! I can do this. I can be an adult and not break down to play a video games. I have to get off my laptop early tonight. This is where I've spent so many hours gaming. Just sitting here to do this journal is wearing me out. I should have ran the treadmill at work, but I left my running shoes at home. Maybe I will go running before bed later. I can't stay on this machine another minute. I want to break something. Argh!

~ Coffee

~ Spicy noodles

~ Relaxing classical music

~ Sunshine

~ Good health

~ Pizza

~ Good books

Posted

DAY # - 5

Time I woke up0930

Time I went to sleep yesterday:  2330 and then again at 0330

Projects: Special training later on this evening.

~ Didn't give in to the urge to play games.

Summary of Day #: 5

Been trying to do this journaling earlier in the evening. Practiced guitar with my oldest son last night. Went to bed earlier than usual. EMS callout in the early morning. Slow day at work. Listening to a sermon now. Very sunny outside and clear again. Today it has been hard. I find my thoughts frequently drifting and scheming for when I can start gaming again. Glad I destroyed my games because I'd probably have already quit this detox by now. Feeling frustrated. Not trying to dwell on it. Just trying to focus on the next thing.

~ Work.

~ Family.

~ Health.

~ Sunshine.

~ Purpose.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm sure you will very soon find a million better things in life than gaming!!

1 person likes this

Posted

DAY # - 6

Time I woke up1130

Time I went to sleep yesterday:  0230

Physical task: Went to work. Had hours to flex from call outs and special training. Ran 3 miles on the treadmill.

Mental task: Studying and reading.

Projects: None.

~ Met a senator for our state and gave him and his staff some gospel tracts which they graciously received.

Summary of Day #: 6

Went into work late because of being out on call outs and flexing hours from additional training. Watched the newest YouTube that Cam posted and it helped somewhat. It was really sunny again today. Went to a veteran's luncheon in our village hosted by a state senator. It was a good time. The evening was quiet and the children were tired. Chatting with a friend through texting. More content and relaxed tonight.

~ Thinking thoughts.

~ Stimulating conversations.

~ Good food.

~ A noisy house.

Posted

DAY # - 7

Time I woke up0830

Projects: None.

~ Had an instructive spiritual conversation with my employer.

Summary of Day #: 7

Well, today was a slow day. It was the type of day that I would LOVE to play games to get some excitement and diversion. There's such a lack of options in a remote arctic village. I just have to be patient, creative, and content. Did some reading. Called an old friend. Had dinner with my family. They are watching a movie and winding down for the day. Meh. I have nothing to be unthankful for except the boredom and general fatigue. My mother-in-law says, "Only boring people get bored!" Hahaha! Maybe I went 90 MPH too much in my twenties, but I don't mind being a little boring. Ha! Well, here I am. I may do some more reading. I am enjoying my book. I have to remind myself this is a DETOX. That takes times. Looking forward to working out tomorrow and the weekend being near.

~ Some peace and quiet.

~ Low stress levels.

~ Feeling secure.

~ Generally content.

Posted

DAY # - 8

Time I woke up0800

Physical task: Went to work. Jogged 3 miles on the treadmill.

Mental task: Deep stimulating conversations.

Projects: Studied an odd and unusual subject.

~ None today.

Summary of Day #: 8

I have nothing particularly exciting to note. I'm actually pretty tired. I'm studying some weird stuff on "flat earth" theories. Someone asked me to look into it. I think it's totally bogus. Had some very good conversations today that were meaningful. My children were having some behavioral issues this evening. It's Friday night so I think everyone was missing playing video games. Ready for sleep. It's been a challenging week in some ways.

~ Friends.

~ Health.

~ Visitors.

~ A general lack of demand on my time and abilities. It must be the lull before the storm. I better enjoy this now. :)

Posted

DAY # - 9

Time I woke up01130

Physical task: Walked outside.

Mental task: Reading and studying.

Projects: Practiced music with my oldest son.

~ Took my wife out to dinner.

~ Made a few visits to my neighbors.

~ Didn't lose my temper when I was tempted to.

Summary of Day #: 9

Well, I didn't get much done today it seems. I spent lots of time on social media from my laptop. Caught up on messages from during the week from contacts. Full house today as my children had a few visitors. Had a callout for work last night and today. Took a nap. Took a walk. Ate dinner out with my wife. Practiced music with my oldest son. My wife says I'm spending too much screen time still. She watches shows and sits on the couch on her phone. She was as active as I was today, but we weren't connecting it seems. I was already having trouble feeling down. Well, that's enough for tonight. Going to do some more reading and studying. Didn't lose my temper, but it would be so easy to play games tonight if I had any, but I don't. Ugh. This detox stinks. It's almost been two weeks and only 9 days journaling. In some ways, time seems to be in slow motion. Spring is coming. That's a good thing.

~ Music.

~ Sunshine.

~ Rest.

~ Good books.

Laters... 

Posted

DAY # - 10 - UNFINISHED!

Time I woke up1000

Physical task: Minimal

Mental task: Reading and study.

Projects: Guitar practice.

~ Took my family out to lunch.

Summary of Day #: 10

I was watching one of Cam's videos and he was talking about a word for the year. I know this is a bit late, but I liked the concept. I find myself drifting into daydreams about gaming all throughout the day. There are some unhappy things about my life that I am struggling with. I don't like the amount of UNFINISHED work around me. My word is going to be UNFINISHED. When I'm tempted to fall back into gaming, I'm going to remind myself of the word UNFINISHED. My 90 detox is UNFINISHED. My training for EMT and Fire Fighter One at work is UNFINISHED. I have UNFINISHED books to read. My 6 month guitar course is UNFINISHED. My Master's Degree barely got started. It is UNFINISHED. My parenting is UNFINISHED. My garage organization is UNFINISHED. My life is UNFINISHED. My future is UNFINISHED. I don't want to be sitting here in three months with a long list of UNFINISHED projects. I want to see my goals checked off one by one. It may take 6 months or 9 months or longer for some things to get done, but I need a fall back word. I am UNFINISHED. My life is not decided by fate. My life is not set in stone. I CAN learn not to leave a trail of UNFINISHED things in the wake of my life.

~ Church.

~ Children.

Laters... 

Posted

DAY # - 11- UNFINISHED!

Time I woke up0830

Physical task: Light duty chores.

Projects: Officially starting RESPAWN.

~ Officially starting RESPAWN.

Summary of Day #: 11

I am UNFINISHED. I am officially starting RESPAWN. I just had a neighbor ask for help with the whale. I guess I have more than a few things to do this evening. That's all for now.

~ I'm not as stuck as I feel like I am.

Laters...