NEW VIDEO: I Quit MMOs and THIS Happened

Starting out on day 1 of the detox!

giblets

Good Evening,

I am excited and anxious to be trialling out the Respawn program to finally kick video games for good. I don't think they are evil, I just don't like the dependency I have on them now; the 'crutch'.

I have been playing games for 20 odd years, but in the last 5 years I think they really have started to have an impact. I mainly turned to them after moving around several times and not having a friends circle, or after several relationship breakdowns. Once I managed to get my life on track, I never eased up on gaming, always trying to hide it like my dirty little secret.

In the last 12 months I have developed stress-anxiety, and my solution has been to turn to games again. I don't think it is helped the anxiety at all. Maybe in the short term while I am playing the game and escaping the real world, but as soon as the game finishes it's back to the old problems. I also don't really have an outlet anymore, many people feel like social media is their outlet, but I am so paranoid about being data mined and the archiving of everything you do that I do not feel encouraged to do it at all.

I have joined the Respawn program as a way to hold myself accountable, and maybe these forums will be a good outlet for me. Day 1 here we go! I look forward to interacting with the community as soon as I can :)