We've reached over 20,000 journal entries! Thanks to everyone for making this a special place.

KevinV1990's Journal

35 posts in this topic

Posted

I didn't even think about games either. Gaming was a method of satisfaction and there are many others that amount to the same outcome.

You're writing a book? Nice! I'm not very proficient with writing factual stuff but you could write a bit about yourself for sure. Just don't personalize it too much. Intertwine your own experiences with main concepts of gaming. That way the reader has some sort of story to get a grip of but also a presentation of ideas.

Yeah, I am mostly inspired by Stephen Kings book, On Writing. In this book he writes about his personal life/experiences, but also gives some great tips on writing.

Posted

Your going really well Kevin. Not returning to the forum for a while is normal. I had the same urges and didn't understand. I saw so many people post every day but it shows that you deal with this in another manner then journaling. Keep using this as a check is my tip however! 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

April 18, 2017 - 40 days without gaming

When I woke up today, I really didn't feel like going to work. I am just done with getting up at 5:00 for something which I don't even like to do. The new job that I applied for, has working times between 5:00 to 23:00, and this morning I really wondered if I could live with getting up at 4:00, when I need to start at 5:00. But then again, I am thinking about my mood at my current job. This mood will of course be totally different when I'm in a new environment. I really hope that I will get that new job. The best thing about that would be that I can tell my current (bitchy) boss that I quit B|:P. Nah, I just need a new challenge and a job where I can grow, that would be the best thing.

Something strange happened yesterday. For the first time since I started the 90-day detox, I wanted to play a video game. As I don't plan to quit gaming completely (yet), I would have been allowed to play a game. But I didn't, and that is because of the reason I wanted to play a video game. The reason that I wanted to play, was because I didn't had a good day. I don't know why it wasn't a good day, but it just wasn't. But hey, I survived the day :).

What I really want to do, is taking more steps towards the best version of myself, since I feel that my progression is going too slow. I just don't know how to progress at a higher rate, since I didn't really think about it before the start of this year. Well... A new job would help. When I get that job, I want to find an apartment (nothing too big), and from there I could make the next steps.

NOTE TO SELF: START WRITING THAT BOOK ALREADY!!!

Your going really well Kevin. Not returning to the forum for a while is normal. I had the same urges and didn't understand. I saw so many people post every day but it shows that you deal with this in another manner then journaling. Keep using this as a check is my tip however! 

Thanks! I guess that I felt kinda guilty for not coming to the forum. But I will always return someday, and will keep journaling.

Edited by KevinV1990
1 person likes this

Posted

April 20, 2017 - Six weeks without gaming

Kaboom! Just got the call that I have a new job, so I'm f***ing happy right now. I really have a good feeling about this job. I will start to work part-time, which I don't mind, but the best thing about the job is that there are many possibilities to grow. The sky is the limit, but I am planning to go even further. Have to go to my current job tomorrow to ask when I can leave. I hope that they won't give me a hard time. But hey, better times are coming.

You know what's a weird thing? After I finished the call, I received so much energy, almost like I can run a whole marathon right now. I like the feeling. Jeezz... I don't even know what to write now, for everything a first time :P. I am full of energy, and I'm god damn happy. That is what's important.

1 person likes this

Posted

April 22, 2017 - 44 days without gaming

So, I am getting into self development more and more. I'm reading a lot of books about the subject, and now I also want to do more research, and I want to write articles about it. And that is why I have decided to completely change my site. I chose another theme, I deleted articles which are not about self development and self knowledge, and am planning to commit myself to writing articles about the subject. Of course, getting rid of a gaming addiction also belongs on the site.

What I also did, was thinking about what kind of books I want to write. First I thought about writing fantasy, sci-fi and maybe some historical fiction. I will still write short fictional stories, but the books I'm planning to write will also be about self development, with the first book being about my struggles with a gaming addiction. It feels good to have some kind of direction now.

If you want to check out the site, here is the link (articles are written in Dutch): https://www.kevinvoetelink.nl/

1 person likes this