Limited Time: Book a 1 on 1 coaching session (1hr) with Cam ($97). Click Here.

3rd time's a charm right?

91 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Day 25

After giving myself a few pep talks I'm back to programming again. Set a move out date as well. Been having cravings to play games but they are completely different since the "sometimes games are not fun" realization. They are extremely weak and fade quickly.

A thought occurred to me as I meditated this morning. Worrying about the future is a lot like worrying about how to make each and every blade of grass on your lawn stand perfectly straight:

Your doing the wrong thing. You should be worried about making sure the grass is cut to reasonably. You will never get each blade perfectly straight and even if you did it accomplishes nothing.

In terms of worrying about the future, you should not worrying about whats going to happen to you. You should plan on what you are going to do. Events will always happen that will "bend the grass" but viewing life, the future, ect. in terms of what can go wrong is just a recipe for depression.

Edited by none239

Posted

Day 26

Got extremely sick again after breakfast and I spent the day in bed.

Posted

Day 27

Got a good amount of programming done. Not to much else happened.

Day 28

Got very late start. I need to start taking a shower every morning. It helps me get out of bed.

Posted

Got very late start. I need to start taking a shower every morning. It helps me get out of bed.

Showering first thing in the morning is my first good habit of the day. xD

1 person likes this

Posted

Day 29

This. There's something about devoting yourself to a routine that kind of gives you a boost of energy.

I noticed that it's getting harder and harder to get myself to code. I think it's because it's all I do during the day other than internet surfing. I did manage to do some coding on day 28 though.

Posted (edited)

Day 30

Depression is really setting in with my debt rising.

Day 30 cont.

Meditation saved the day again. Going back to programming.

Edited by none239

Posted

Day 30 cont.

Just realized I've gone 15 days without gaming.

1 person likes this

Posted

It depends, because if you want to boost your viking level, you have to do your showers with cold water.

I did it for 2 months, and the results were incredible.

Try it out, if you're brave enough, and tell me the results! :)

Greetings, Mad Pharmacist

Posted

Day 31

Got a little programming done. I should have taken a shower at the start of the day because I spent a huge amount of it in bed.

Posted

It depends, because if you want to boost your viking level, you have to do your showers with cold water.

I did it for 2 months, and the results were incredible.

Try it out, if you're brave enough, and tell me the results! :)

Greetings, Mad Pharmacist

I've been told a lot of great things about cold showers. My current house does not have central heating so the idea of waking up in a cold bed, walking into a cold hallway and taking a cold shower is a bit too much for me at the moment. I will try this when I move back in.

Posted

Day 30 cont.

Just realized I've gone 15 days without gaming.

Woot! Way to go! :D

Posted

Day 31

I'm still stunned at how a small change can make such a huge difference. Unplugged keyboard and mouse from laptop in my bedroom and I once again cut hours off of my start up time. Meditated and got a good amount of programming done.

I had a mild desire to play video games during my depressed period a few days ago but the urges where still very weak. Far to weak for me to relapse. I did not even think about gaming today. It still surprises me just how much my relationship with gaming has changed.

Posted

Day 32

I tried the cold shower this morning. I swear the brain I have now is not the one I had yesterday. It makes a ridiculous difference. I'm able to focus on the programming a lot more.

1 person likes this

Posted

Day 33

Taking cold showers is going to be a lot harder than I thought. I used the start hot go cold plan yesterday. I tried going full blast cold but it was too much for me.

Posted

Day 32

I tried the cold shower this morning. I swear the brain I have now is not the one I had yesterday. It makes a ridiculous difference. I'm able to focus on the programming a lot more.

YEP! Remember to BREATHE. Breathing is crucial during cold showers.