NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Possible Relapse

Wolf

I know the feeling Ben.

I also know even if I downloaded a new game and spent hours and months and years to develop my character, it would not be any different than the last one.

I feel kind of sorry for the people who are left in the game.  But then maybe they don't have the problems that I do with it.

I seem to have a very addictive personality.  Maybe you can handle going back and playing for an hour at a time.  I know I can't.

From the first hour I got in the morning to the last moment I went to sleep I was involved in the game.  Maybe sleep three hours and back to the game.

I lived in the game.  Yes I miss my friends.  I miss the world I lived in.  I know I am going through a grieving processes because it is like all my family died.

This is something I need to go through though.  In order to have a better life.

I just enjoy gaming, that's why i want to play games again. That's why i feel like that. Not to mention, I work regularly now, and that's just a really good way to wind down for me, and I miss it. I miss the stories and adventures, I miss the characters and classicness of it all.

If you're on the verge of relapse and you don't want to, watch this video. have you tried any other ways to wind down after the work day? What are your main goals right now?

My main goals right now is work. Primarily. I do want to get into GJJ, and trade school but at the moment I am limited with no vehicle. atm, I am just working, and it's frozen outside, i don't have much else to do aside from chill. Video games though is a way for me to just kick back and enjoy myself, and to honest, i miss it.

Well to be honest I miss it too.  But when I think about how I would spend my time when I got back....   Maybe the game you were playing didn't have as much grind as mine.  I would go back... naw I wouldn't grind...  I'd go pvp. okay BUT I can't see grinding for 24 hours and considering that relaxing or progressive.  

What is the point of grinding for 24 hours on something that will take me another year to master and I'm only playing for an hour right?  yeah right.

I don't know if that makes sense to you.  I guess my moment of clarity came one day when I was congratulating myself on getting ten levels when most people could only manage 1 or 2 at the level I was at.  It's like wow made a big achievement in my life today I made ten levels!  And then I look around the world around me.  What difference does that make in the grand scheme of the universe?  Is that about personal growth.  Any respect from the gaming community?  Ha no way to get any respect in that game!

Cold weather, no car, sounds like a good time for popcorn and hot coco :) Maybe a good movie :)  I watched Zodiac the other night was really good :) 

If you're on the verge of relapse and you don't want to, watch this video. have you tried any other ways to wind down after the work day? What are your main goals right now?

My main goals right now is work. Primarily. I do want to get into GJJ, and trade school but at the moment I am limited with no vehicle. atm, I am just working, and it's frozen outside, i don't have much else to do aside from chill. Video games though is a way for me to just kick back and enjoy myself, and to honest, i miss it.

I feel you. There's a lot of other things you can do at home, whether that's to relax or to pursue other ambitions you have. Missing games is normal, they've been a big part of your life and it's natural to feel nostalgia - I still feel that way sometimes too.

I'm not sure exactly why you quit in the first place, but if gaming was causing problems in your life, going back to it now is just a slow spiral back to that place, the majority of the time. I could probably be a functional gamer now, I could work and so forth, but there are many things I would not do if I was gaming, like going on my trip to Tanzania this past October, going surfing, DJing, hanging out with my friends in LA this weekend, and so forth, because I would see all of that extra time as an opportunity to game, after I met my obligations (work) for the day. Sure, I would be living and surviving, but would I be truly living my life in the way I want? I wouldn't. So I personally have continued to not game and imo my life is way better because of it. I can't speak for you or your situation, but in the times where I've felt challenged or frustrated or stressed or annoyed that I can't just go back and escape into gaming, it's helped a lot to refocus my energy on what I'm truly trying to live for, what my values are and what my purpose is. And gaming just doesn't align with that, in my situation.