NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Journal - Jarret

jarret8904

I guess im here for the same reason everyone else is.... TO QUIT GAMING!

As much as i wish i was able to quit on a whim and never worry about this again. i just cant do it by myself thats why im going to start journals entries (As suggested by Cam).last week i told myself i was done with gaming, i was done failing in college, and i was fed up with having no friends. But here i am sitting at my desk in my dorm room at 3am Sunday morning having gamed my precious weekend away.Right now im telling my self i just enjoyed IT, the last day of gaming.

All games have been deleted, all game applications have been deleted aswell. ive placed the websites that download these games in cold turkey and i hope to never touch them again. if anybody has any other useful programs to block out games and game related websites i would appreciate them.

Goals as of day one

• Stop gaming of course!
  • Disable my steam account (ashamed theres still 120 unspent steam wallet funds but they will have to go.)
  • Eat better, stop grabbing the crappy fast food ive been eating because it would take to much time out of my gaming to go down to the kitchen and cook a meal. (also take a load off my wallet ;) )
  • make friends.
  • Find new and interesting hobbys to occupy my time
  • Read more. (when i was younger all i ever did was read now i feel like they dont stimulate me like gaming does and i hope to get back to books soon.)
  • Improve my grades at college- study/pay attention in class/put more effort into my work
  • Be the best me possible.

• Guest pinned this topic

Hey man,

You've just made the best decision of your life.

I know for sure that in the future you'll look back at this first post and that you'll be proud of taking the first step towards a better life.

Let's do go on a journey to become the best version of ourselves and if you you run into any problems come back to this community!

We are here to help you out <3

Greetings from The Netherlands

Hey, great to have you here! If looking for blocking games site I advise redirector, which will redirect you to set site whenever you type game address. This works for me very good, because when I type something which I don't want to waste time on, like games, tv series, youtube etc. it redirects me to programming site to remember about my goal.

Greetings!

welcome mr. jarret!

I can relate a lot to your goals. I have some recommendations. You don't have to follow them, but I'd like to share what helped me:

Delete your steam account. Burn the bridge:
https://www.reddit.com/r/StopGaming/comments/2t384s/how_to_get_rid_of_your_steam_account_in_60_mins/ 

Read the Slight Edge (it's a self-development book):
It'll give you perspective and a map on where you are, and why you are where you are, and how to get where you are going.

Try Meet-up.com (try new activities like volleyball, yoga, hiking, trampoline dodge-ball, etc):
Try new activities on a whim. You might have some negative self-talk like I did regarding trying new things. Mine was, "I'm not a pro at volleyball, so why bother". But I went anyway. The point is, you don't need a reason other than the pure satisfaction of doing something you set out to do. And the courage to SHOW UP. Doesn't matter if you think you are not worthy for whatever reason. Doesn't matter if you do something silly in that time that you show up, what matters is you show up - and that in and of itself is enough because it's courageous. 

Basically now that you've decided to quit games, you will have so much time. And it's important to plan ahead of time, and fill those empty time-slots with NEW FUN things that you've been wanting to try. Because you want to essentially live the life you always wanted to live, but were distracting yourself from with gaming. So the most important thing for now is to fill those open time-slots/void with activities that you have been wanting to try. That's to start. 

This is all from Respawn mostly. But I've used this, and so that's why I'm recommending them.

T

• Guest unpinned this topic

How are you doing, Jarret? :)

Im doing well. been focusing on school work this week trying to avoid my computer all together as much as possible.Some teachers have let me hand in late assignments so i can catch up to speed on my courses which is fantastic

welcome mr. jarret!

I can relate a lot to your goals. I have some recommendations. You don't have to follow them, but I'd like to share what helped me:

Delete your steam account. Burn the bridge:
https://www.reddit.com/r/StopGaming/comments/2t384s/how_to_get_rid_of_your_steam_account_in_60_mins/ 

Read the Slight Edge (it's a self-development book):
It'll give you perspective and a map on where you are, and why you are where you are, and how to get where you are going.

Try Meet-up.com (try new activities like volleyball, yoga, hiking, trampoline dodge-ball, etc):
Try new activities on a whim. You might have some negative self-talk like I did regarding trying new things. Mine was, "I'm not a pro at volleyball, so why bother". But I went anyway. The point is, you don't need a reason other than the pure satisfaction of doing something you set out to do. And the courage to SHOW UP. Doesn't matter if you think you are not worthy for whatever reason. Doesn't matter if you do something silly in that time that you show up, what matters is you show up - and that in and of itself is enough because it's courageous. 

Basically now that you've decided to quit games, you will have so much time. And it's important to plan ahead of time, and fill those empty time-slots with NEW FUN things that you've been wanting to try. Because you want to essentially live the life you always wanted to live, but were distracting yourself from with gaming. So the most important thing for now is to fill those open time-slots/void with activities that you have been wanting to try. That's to start. 

This is all from Respawn mostly. But I've used this, and so that's why I'm recommending them.

T

Ill have to check out meet-up.com id like to find a fun group activity! I'll keep that steam link in mind for the coming days im going to be spending the last bit of my money on friends for this autumn sale (i have 120$ steam wallet funds,and presumably my friends seem to have no problem with playing games like i do) thankfully ive been able to have steam on my computer without downloading my games again but i hope to get rid of it asap just in case.

Hey, great to have you here! If looking for blocking games site I advise redirector, which will redirect you to set site whenever you type game address. This works for me very good, because when I type something which I don't want to waste time on, like games, tv series, youtube etc. it redirects me to programming site to remember about my goal.

Greetings!

thanks! a redirector sounds like a fantastic idea! a constant reminder to be productive when im about to slip up.

Welcome, Jarret!

Welcome to the club, and good job making the decision. You will appear on the other side of this struggle much stronger than you were before, trust me.

I like that you have plans and goals - those things are important. Dream big, and do big. 

Good luck!

Welcome to the club, and good job making the decision. You will appear on the other side of this struggle much stronger than you were before, trust me.

I like that you have plans and goals - those things are important. Dream big, and do big. 

Good luck!

Hey man,

You've just made the best decision of your life.

I know for sure that in the future you'll look back at this first post and that you'll be proud of taking the first step towards a better life.

Let's do go on a journey to become the best version of ourselves and if you you run into any problems come back to this community!

We are here to help you out <3

Greetings from The Netherlands

I strongly recommend 3:

1. AdBlock - to prevent from ads, which many of them contains info about new games.
  2. Flash block - to block every flash window in your browser
  3. Web Blocker - to block sites the sites that bother you.

Greetings, Mad Pharmacist

Welcome!

Thanks for the greetings and suggestions everybody! i hope to do a proper journal entry tomorrow night after my math test wish me luck!