"Be open to all outcomes, but attached to none."

My Journal - Alex

832 posts in this topic

Posted

Wow, it’s been 9 days since I posted here! I’ve been busy every evening with some event, club, party, or working, so no wonder it didn’t occur to me to post. I’ve been really busy since university has started, more so now that the workload is ramping up. The parties and such to kick the year off have finished, so now it is just time to work hard. With that comes the need for me to pick up my helpful habits from where I left off, to maximise my productivity and keep me the healthiest I can be.

Today has been a great day of studying and spending time with my little brother. We went out for running and biking twice, and I got a decent amount of studying done.

Gratitude journal

I am grateful for having my own room.

I am grateful for my cupboard doubling as a desk.

I am grateful for the help I’ve received from fellow students.

One amazing thing that happened/I did today:

I ran/walked for half an hour this morning with my little brother, which was awesome! It was a good time to chat and get exercise (before he jumped back onto his xbox).

Workout/run

Yup!

Daily task planning ahead of time

Done.

Exercise planning

I’ll just do another run tomorrow, the dogs need it too!

Meditation

Yup.

Visualisation

No.

Daily affirmation

No.

Fully cold shower

No.

Reading + taking notes

No.

Getting to bed before 8:50pm

Nope.

Jar of Awesome

Nope.

Daily application of self-development skills

Meet my commitments today. The decisions I make one day will reflect what I do every day.

I didn’t set myself commitments properly, so although I intended to do lots of studying, I wasn’t able to set time constraints properly and didn’t get nearly enough done.

Weekly Goal(s)

Don’t fail a single day of my success streak! (Sadly failed).

Get to know the neighbours in one house this week.

Monthly Goal(s)

(I have an extra weekly goal).

Old 3 Month Goal (1 month left!)

My three month goal is to develop my leadership skills enough to confidently coach a sports team or lead another form of community group.

3 Month Goal

Expand my holiday programme to a running business/be running my own community group within my neighbourhood.

Know my neighbours from at least 100 households/have them as contacts for my holiday programme.

12 Month Goal

Be running my own community group, hosting public events (more detail needed)

48 Month Goal

Have grown my holiday programme/community group to be accessible by at least half of the NZ population.

Have the skills (namely leadership) to have my options open for being an entrepreneur or having a normal job.

What went well today:

Doing exercise twice.

What didn’t go well today:

Not being organised enough to determine when I’ll do all the tasks I wrote for myself.

What I could have done to make my day better:

Same as above.

What I will do differently tomorrow:

Set in stone when I’m going to do each task, have a cold shower, get ready to work heaps faster.

Photo Stream

Here’s a photo taken by my university of Marshmello – I went to this concert last week and it was a blast!

17239928_1447552805263382_5581240020853402163_o.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Do you drink alcohol?

1 person likes this

Posted

Do you drink alcohol?

Yes, I do. What's your thoughts on it?

Posted

I would rather have tea :D

Posted

I would rather have tea :D

Fair enough, tea is pretty good :D

Posted

Update:

This week has been a busy one, i've been filling in much of my time with studying and almost every evening I've stayed late at school for a club gathering or event. I'm aware I've joined more clubs than I can handle, so I'm currently prioritising what is really important to me.

I've been gyming relatively consistent this week, and had a better work ethic than the last, but my bed time has been quite inconsistent.

I've been making plenty of friends recently, I hope that they'll stay friends for a long time. 

I've applied for various leadership positions within my university faculty (engineering), so I'll see how that goes.

I am yet to write here about my youth development voyage, so if I have time this weekend I'll try to do that.

1 person likes this

Posted

Alex is in university. O.o Watching you grow up!