NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Oh, hello

Marquess

My name is Marchosias, and I'm a 29 year old man with a nickname.

I've been playing WoW for more than 8 years now, and it's the only game I've ever been obsessed with. I also enjoy adventure games and visual novels (if you consider those being games), but I'm not addicted to them. Third and fourth chapter of Life is Strange are still sitting on my HD waiting to be played, and I mostly likely won't touch them 'till the fifth one is released. And even then I may just YouTube videos of it. But World of Warcraft; that's quite a different story ...

Honestly, I have no idea how many times I've deleted the game client in those eight years. I remember the first time I've became aware the game has a negative impact in my life was before the release of WotLK expansion (I think 2008). Back then, I told myself I'll just play the expansion to enjoy the leveling process and see the new continent, and then quit the game for good. Seven years later --- here we are. I think I must have deleted the damned thing about hundred (100) times, and that's no exaggeration.

In fact, the best way to describe WoW for me would be: "It's a satanic drug thing; you wouldn't understand."

When I'm playing, the vast majority of my mind is focused on the game. I play as much as I possibly can and even when I'm not playing; I'm thinking about it. Dreaming about WoW is somewhere in there too. It's just pure misery at this point.

I'm also addicted to booze -- I'm done with that, but the addiction of course still lurks somewhere at the back.

I also have a certain amount of issues with anxiety and depression; something that becomes more pronounced every time I try to quit WoW (quitting drinking didn't help either).

I've read too many great books regarding self help, and I don't think I can learn anything new at this point. I'm well aware of my problems and I know exactly how to solve them. All that remains now is to keep stabbing at it. Perhaps writing a sort of a blog on this forum will help.

There's a lot more to say, but let this be enough for now. I'd like to promise I'll post here every day, but I'd rather not.

I like the color scheme of this site.

Oh, yeah, I've deleted the WoW client again today. /golfclap

By the way, my retail WoW account has been frozen for more than a year, and I spent the last three years mostly playing on various private servers (a very exciting topic). All characters of considerable value I deleted or are included in my retail account which I won't pay for again. I couldn't even afford to at this point.