"Be open to all outcomes, but attached to none."

21/M; Looking for accountability to keep projects going

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Cordial salutations.

My current goals are:

- Start and keep a meditation routine, at least 15-30 minutes per day.

- Translate Game Quitters material, check on the forum and keep my journal updated; every single day.

- Start and keep a disciplined exercise routine. I must be able to devote a lot of time every day from now on to develop flexibility and recover from 17 years of slouching all day long. Cardio and endurance would eventually follow.

- Start and keep a voice training routine. Work-related reasons (actor in-training).

- Start reading.

- Violin daily practice (at least 30 minutes a day)

- A NoFap streak of at least 90 days. 

---------------------

Preferably a young adult (around the 20s). Gender is unimportant. In case you have issues with mine, I can consider characterization and/or transvestism. Not in a Transilvanian way. Yet.

This person must live in Europe, for time zone convenience. 

Cuteness is secondary but will be taken into strict consideration, and not always under a positive light (please don't be stupidly stunning). (I'm still not ok with this, but I strike it out to highlight the important stuff)

In case of being spaniard, discussion of political affairs will be HIGHLY discouraged.

Flirting and dating will also be discouraged. I'm an idiot, don't do that to yourself D: *(read below)

*= Applicant will be subject to bad jokes and puns in at least two languages. You've been warned.

- Aspiring or professional actors, singers, musicians, dancers or any kind of artists, athletes or in general people that have to practice X every day would suit my needs nicely.

NOT DIRECTLY RELATED, BUT ALSO IMPORTANT:

I'm looking for a partner or group of partners to keep a steady SPANISH translation of Game Quitters related content. This mostly means subtitle Cam's videos (at least one per week), articles and guides, and peer-review transcriptions. Take it as an opportunity to practice languages, make something real and specific to help people like us throughout the hispanic world, a laid back hobby with no strings or tight schedules attached and something cool to add to your resume. Familiarity with english and spanish is of course necessary, but given the shtload the considerable amount of overdue work and @Cam Adair's... prolificacy, I'll be not exactly picky with the selection process.

Best regards folks! :)

Edited by Hitaru
1 person likes this

Posted

@Cam Adair Awesomeness is a mimetic process ;)

Unfortunately I have Youtube completely blocked until November (accident during alchemy), so I won't be able to do or watch anything yt-related for the next three months. And I'll try to severely reduce my access after that time, so assistants and volunteers in the "IT department" would be a blessing.

1 person likes this

Posted

You may still be able to view individual YT videos embedded in other websites ...

Posted

You may still be able to view individual YT videos embedded in other websites ...

Actually no, but I could use my mother's laptop, which is a hassle but gets the work done.

Posted

What do you expect from an accountability partner and what are your preferred ways of communication?

Posted (edited)

@Fagus Hm, good question. I'm the kind of guy whose only real way to be kept accountable is to have someone go to my house every day and pull my ears to keep things running. xD

What comes to my mind when I imagine it is something like this:

- If it's someone to keep the translation going, we could schedule a weekly meeting to address common guidelines, develop a "style guide", distribute tasks, share interesting things, say hi and so on. Ideally in these meetings we should be able to, at least, hear our interlocutor.

- if it's someone to keep myself (and them) accountable, given the distance, probably we should commit to a similar activity or small goal (e.g. meditation or exercise, even if different ones) and have some kind of friendly competition (e.g. let's see who keeps the higher streak of going to the gym). And/or check daily on the other (e.g. "Hey have you done your daily [thing]?"). And/or commit to quit a bad habit and support each other (e.g. - Hey man this nofap shit is getting on my nerves + Don't worry it shall pass).

Edited by Hitaru

Posted

I could be your accountability partner. It would be a good opportunity to further improve my English.

But I have to advise you of the fact that I am German. We Germs are known for our outstanding humor and our warmhearted nature. Not. In addition, I am not in posession of one of those smart phone devices. So the only way of communication is via this forum or skype on my computer. Nevertheless I can be a competent conversational partner, not in matters of anime and japanese culture, but in philosophy and profound thoughts. Even about death, on of your major concerns?

So think twice.

Posted

@Fagus Mate, I am really sorry for leaving this on hold for so long. I've updated the post with my current goals and redoubled my disposition. Is there something I could help you keep accountable with?

Posted

Hey Hitaru! I saw that your journey led to lots of ambitious new goals. That's great! But now I don't know if I'm the right person for you.

I don't try to become a professional at anything and I'm almost a decade older. Other than that mentioned, I'm still struggling with my addiction and I planned to take part in Mad Pharmacists 1000 days challenge where I am supposed to get something like an accountability partner. 

If that is not an impediment for you, we can still try. Sometimes it can be favourable to work with someone who is quite different. If not, that's fine too. After all it must be someone that feels right for you.