NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Hi my name is Filip. I from Poland, currently living in US. I am 17 and I go to high school.

I can say that I finally woke up. Woke up after 7 years.

I write it in the night of my first day of detox. I always think better during night and  I realized that I wrote everything out of order. First I asked for a partner then I described my first day. Now I am laying in bed and can’t fall asleep. 

I have been playing games for 12 years. Everything started on knees of my much older cousin who was playing Heroes of Might and Magic III. I always liked strategic games. I had been playing chess, I had been playing sport bridge (card game). Actually I still play Heroes 3. But not that often. In last years of primary school my life was dominated by free to play games similar to WoW. After that I started to play minecraft I stopped playing it when I started to be interested in Lol. After some time hearthstone joined games that "loved". For last 3 years I have been playing Lol and Hs mainly. 

Games trurly defined me as a person for 7 years. Nothing else had so strong influence on me, that I can think of. I want to change it but I feel helpless and dont have exact idea if I am able to continue my "awakining" for next 90 days and longer. I am slowly staring to realize that I am leaving my comfort zone, the one I knew for so long, the one which created so many problems in my life.

I will repeat myself again but whatever. Today I woke up. I dont want to live like this anymore.  I dont want to waste my life, time and talents. I want to start again from the begining. I want to learn how to be a person that everyone can relay on, that everyone can trust.

Edited by Stercus accidit

Welcome to life! I love how you said you awoke!  It is the truth in so many ways.  I used Cam's respawn to help with the early phases of my detox and his vids are very helpful.  I remembering thinking what if this is a scam (sorry Cam no offense) on the respawn but then thought, I spend way more than this on games and if I am serious on leaving games it deserves full resources.  It was worth it and really helped those early days.

Good luck!

Keep going! I'm right there with you.  Just joined.  I'm doing my best to not think about gaming for now, doing anything but log into Steam.  I think we're going to feel uncomfortable at first since our habit has been so reinforced for so long.  Anyway, just keep going.  I don't think we will regret this choice.