"Be open to all outcomes, but attached to none."

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Forum Layout

3 posts in this topic

Posted

I love this forum! I think it's functionality is great and it's very easy to navigate. But on first view it's bulky and inactive. Not good for new users!!

Suggestions:

1. Make the Logo start at the top of the page instead of below the navigation bar for non mobile users
  2. Move threads around so that the most active part of the forum can be seen in eye view without scrolling down. This may be accomplished with Suggestion #1 but we could also move Introductions INTO the Start section as a sub thread, as seen in :

Lifestyle ----> Books & Podcasts, Fitness & Nutrition, Art & Music
                   Start Here ----> Introductions

Posted

Thanks Laney. I'm working on some changes to this.

One concern I have about putting Introductions as a sub-forum to "Start Here" is that most people will miss it (being a small hyperlink underneath "Start Here"). 

I'm not sure I understand the first suggestion. On my mac right now (using Chrome) the banner (logo?) is above the navigation bar. 

Posted

I wonder what I am doing wrong. On other forums I use, when I click on the title of a discussion, I am automatically moved to the last post I read, but here when I click on the title of a discussion, the first post is opened. This is particularly problematic in case of journals by the people I follow, since I have to manually sift through the entries to find the one I read last. 

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0