"Be open to all outcomes, but attached to none."

My Journal - SpiNips

929 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello!

Today I have felt little more irritated by everything. Meditation is a real life saver in this field. Just did a short session and now I feel calm. I feel like I can wind my mind down by letting go of the bad feeling causing emotions. What do you guys think, is it worth it to buy the headspace membership?

I'm currently reading the section of How to Win Friends and Influence People where Carnegie writes about ways to influence people in the right way. Generally a good section. It takes myriad of concrete practice to really learn these things but they will surely be useful.

Generally doing well!

Today I'm grateful for:

• Gamequitters stickers B|
  • My friends for being so positive and polite towards me
  • Playing the piano, and well music altogether
  • The calm feeling after meditation
  • Saying no to pitying!
  • The fact that Chuck Norris is into BJJ too

Posted

For Headspace, what I would suggest is if it's a tool you are using and it's helping, then that's what you should go with. Whatever helps you meditate is what's the best approach. You can also try Calm. I know Joe as a free 30 day membership to give away, here.

Social skills are built one interaction at a time. The good news is that every day we are interacting with people, whether we want to or not. So if we just practice on each of these people over time our practice will compound in significant ways!

Posted

TL;DR The Power of Habit, by Charles Duhigg is really worth the read. Singlehandedly explained me why I was suffering and how to move towards wellbeing.

?This is exactly what I got out of it! Congratulations!

Posted

Hello!

Today I'm feeling a bit down. I was supposed to train BJJ today but training sick would be stupid since I could infect others and it wouldn't do good for me either. Well I hope Saturday will be better!

Currently feeling that I'm in a little bit of a funk. I planned on training today but that plan is gone now. I should create some sort of a backup plan for days like these. As previously recommended I should try to make this day the best I can.

I'm looking forward to reading at least The Slight Edge and Daring Greatly. Probably could read the one book by Keith Ferezzi too. At the moment I'm still putting the knowledge from The Power of Habit and HWFIP to use.

Today I'm grateful of

• My theater lessons in school
  • Playing the piano
  • The good weather
  • Getting to know new people
  • The fact that I'm still doing better fluwise than last week.
1 person likes this

Posted

Yes, win the day! Our day isn't always going to go according to plan, so the skill you want to develop is being able to bounce back and adapt when things shift.

One perspective says it sucks that your plans got canceled. Another says you now have an open schedule and a world of possibilities!

Which perspective do you choose? :)

Posted

I kinda have days like that from time to time when IBS knocks me down good and sits a foot on my face and won't let me get up, now I just try to embrace those days and cope the best way I can, I discard my schedule and simply focus on either resting or having fun watching videos or reading, there's really just so much you can do when you get sick, so don't feel down, it's just one of those days, that's all.

Posted

Thank you both for advice! I ended up working on my analysis on a poem and made some decent progress. :^)

1 person likes this

Posted

There are many ways to grow, and physical growth is sometimes just not going to happen. It's a great opportunity to take on a mental growth challenge. Sometimes the mind is exhausted, but the body is ready to work out. It's all about maximizing whatever you are primed to do at any given moment.

Posted

Good evening!

Finally, the Miracle has happened! I'm not sick anymore. I've now attended a couple of BJJ lessons last weekend and had a blast. I've got to work myself back into the shape I was before getting ill.

I have 4 exams this week, which is quite a lot. 300 pages to study altogether. But that is just this week. The hardest part of the year is nearly complete! I'm currently focused on schoolwork so I don't have too much time to read books. Maybe scheduling my day would help though.

My current goal is to improve socially. Mostly the focus is on creating deeper relationships. Having close friends is really important. Maybe I could even ask one girl to a date, but we'll see.

Gratitude Journal of the day

• I'm thankful for not being sick anymore
  • Learning new languages
  • Having cool friends
  • Getting to attend BJJ classes once again :x

Posted

Woohoo! Glad you aren't sick anymore! Try and increase the amount of veggies in your diet. That's one of my secrets for not being sick.

Good luck on your exams. We're rooting for you!

Posted

Good point with the veggies, my diet consists of mostly from carbohydrates and meat.

Posted

Yeeeeah! 80th day game free

Today has had its ups and downs. I didn't do so well in Maths, but in the end it's just an exam. There are a plenty of worse things that could happen. I'm not feeling totally confident about my Biology exam tomorrow either but I've tried my best and that is enough for me.

I took a step today on my quest on improving my social skills. Agreed to hang out with a friend one on one which is thing I haven't done in ages really. Guess what? I had awesome time. There is something different hanging with only one person. Went to his house and drank a nice cup of tea. Then we took a walk to the city and just chatted about all things possible. I was able to just to enjoy myself and just relax.

Tomorrow I'm going out with two of my old really good friends. That will surely be fun too. Writing this, while Oasis is playing on the back, is really calming. Currently feeling positive about life altogether.

1 person likes this

Posted

Congrats on 80 days!

Posted (edited)

Thanks! By the way the Stickers arrived ^_^

Edited by SpiNips
1 person likes this

Posted

Woot!! :D